Iron Sharpens Iron

Last night at our college Bible study (PUR at Forest Hill by the way. You should totally check it out!), Cole (our awesome pastor) continued his series entitled "Waiting Room." Last night's message was mainly about David's relationship with Jonathan and how important good friendships are. Check out 1 Samuel 18 for more on David and Jonathan.

Well, it got me thinking about my best friends and how important they are in my life. Not only am I blessed enough to have just one best friend. Nope, I am able to call four wonderful girls my very best friends in the whole wide world! (Thank you Lord for Your many blessings!)
Dear Best Friend
Blogger world, I'd like to introduce you to my precious best friends: Chelsea, Scarpa, Jamie, and Jessica


Here we are at a senior pep rally. 
(2009)

Here we are our senior year of high school. What wittle babies we were!
(2010)


Here we are in our art class! Cute pants huh? lol
(2010)

Here we are with our volleyball coach after we won the 5A State Championship!
(2010)

These four girls have been a picture of Christ's love in my life, and they are seriously four of the most compassionate, loving, friendliest people I've ever had the joy of knowing. I'd like to tell you about each of them and why I think they are so amazing. 
______________________________________________________

Meet Chelsea (aka Chels):
A 21-year-old nursing student at South Alabama. She's gorgeous, very outgoing, and incredibly sweet. Sorry boys, she's taken!


 



Chelsea is an AMAZING best friend! She and I met our junior year of high school at volleyball tryouts. She was the "new" girl from Birmingham who I was so impressed with because she was an awesome setter. We hit it off right away, and our personalities simply clicked with one another's. Volleyball was what really brought us together because we were always partners. Both junior and senior year, we warmed up together, we ran together, and our lockers were right beside each other. Anytime we had to choose a partner, Chelsea was my girl, and we quickly became inseparable.

We were also the same way in the classroom. If our teacher said, "Choose a partner for this project or this assignment," Chelsea and I would look at each other kinda like this:


Haha I love that picture! We just had an unspoken agreement that we would always work together.

Fast forward five years, and we are still inseparable. Though we don't get to see each other quite as often as we would like because of school, we spend every opportunity we can get to hang out and catch up. My favorite thing about Chelsea is that she loves the Lord with all of her heart! It is so encouraging to have a best friend who loves Christ more than anything. Chelsea is someone I can share my heart with and tell secrets to, talk with about anything, laugh with, cry with, and be completely goofy with. We are very similar in our interests, and we love basically all of the same stuff. So it's always super fun to hang out, go shopping, and laugh with her! She has such a loving heart, and she is so generous, supportive, and super kind. She is going to be a wonderful nurse! 

 If you ever have the chance to meet her, I know you will be just as blessed as I am. If you're really nice, I may even be kind enough to share her with you. :)
______________________________________________________

Meet Jessica (aka Scarpa): 
A 21-year-old Secondary Education/Math major at South Alabama. She's beautiful, extremely hilarious, and incredibly fun. Sorry boys, she's taken also!





Scarpa is a FANTASTIC best friend! She and I met in middle school but didn't really get to know each other until our freshman year of high school. It's actually quite a funny story. I didn't know it at the time, but Scarpa and I were in the same classroom when we took the entrance exam to get into Faith Academy. She later told me that when she left, she told her mom that blonde girl with crazy dad was in there, haha. She knew me from playing sports at North Mobile, and she attended Government Street Christian for middle school. Our schools played against each other, and all she remembered was how crazy my dad was (he tended to really get into my and my brother's games, haha). 

We immediately hit it off our freshman year though because we had several classes together and both had made the volleyball team. Scarpa is a friend who has been there for me through thick and thin. She is so supportive and always has my back. She has the sweetest spirit, and we always have a blast when we are together. We can spend hours and hours talking about anything and everything. She's such a great listener! She knows exactly when to sit back and listen and exactly when to give awesome advice. She is going to be the best teacher! 

Oh, you might be wondering why I call her Scarpa. Our freshman year, we had like four Jessica's on our volleyball team, and it was way too confusing. So somehow or another, we ended up calling Scarpa, well, Scarpa (which is her last name). Most people nowadays call her Jessica, but she will always be known as Scarpa to me. :) What a precious, life-long friend I have in Scarpa! She loves Jesus with all that is in her, and she encourages me daily to grow in my relationship with the Lord.
______________________________________________________

Meet Jamie (aka Jam): 
A 21-year-old Biology major (with a focus on Pharmacy) at Spring Hill College. She's gorgeous, super sweet, and incredibly caring. Sorry boys, she's taken, too!





Jamie is a WONDERFUL best friend! She and I met the summer before our freshman year of high school. We were at a basketball camp at Faith, and I remember seeing her and Jessica for the first time and thinking, "Are they twins??? Cool!!" (Which they are by the way.) I made it a priority to learn how to tell them apart because I mean I thought they looked exactly alike at the time. Looking back now, I don't know why I found it so difficult because now I could tell them apart blindfolded, haha. 

Jamie is one of the kindest people I have ever met. She seriously has a heart of gold, and I am so glad we have become best friends. When I think about Jamie, it's hard to think about her without Jessica because I know them as the twins. Though these girls are awesome together, they each have their own unique and wonderful character traits. Jamie is a friend who loves at all times. She is the best listener, and she truly cares about other people.

Jamie always knows how to put a smile on my face. She is always giving compliments and making me feel good about myself. She always has a positive attitude and in turn, makes me want to show positivity, too. She is wise beyond her years and has really great advice. She loves Jesus with her whole heart, and she strives daily to let His light shine through her. Jamie is a go-getter, and she always gives 100% at everything she does. She continually shows dedication and hard work, so I know she's going to be the best pharmacist out there! She is truly a precious person, and I am so thankful for her sweet friendship. 
______________________________________________________

Meet Jessica (aka Jess): 
A 21-year-old Biology major (with a focus on Dentistry) at Spring Hill College. She's beautiful,  super fun, and incredibly encouraging. Sorry boys, she also is taken!







Jessica is a FABULOUS best friend! She and I also met the summer before our freshman year of high school at a basketball camp at Faith. I was so fascinated by Jamie and Jessica (that probably sounds so weird, haha, I know), but I just thought it was the coolest thing ever that they were twins. They looked SO much alike; it was crazy. I wanted to be Jessica's friend right off the bat simply because I could tell there was something different about her. I could tell immediately that she had such a sweet spirit and that I needed a friend like her in my life.

Jessica truly has a beautiful heart. She cares so much about others, and she always encourages them and makes them feel good. I don't think I've ever heard her say a mean word about anyone (which is such an awesome character trait and something I strive towards continually having).  Jessica is so much fun to be around, and you simply have to smile when you're around her. She seriously says the funniest stuff; she's hilarious! She has an infectious smile, which always makes her a joy to be around. 

I love hanging out with Jessica because of her positivity! She always looks at the bright side of things and can find the good in any situation. I also love her enthusiasm and zeal for life! She's going to make a fantastic dentist, and I will definitely be going to her dentist office in the future, hehe. Jessica is an amazing friend who loves God with all of her being, and she strives daily to portray Christ's love. What a blessing to have her as a friend!!
______________________________________________________

Well, now that you've learned a little more about each girl, can't you totally tell why I call them my best friends?? :) They are truly wonderful people, and I am blessed to have them in my life!
______________________________________________________

Here are some awesome verses on friendship:

Proverbs 12:26 
The Godly give good advice to their friends; the wicked lead them astray. 

1 Samuel 18:1–3 
After David had finished talking with Saul, he met Jonathan, the king’s son. There was an immediate bond between them, for Jonathan loved David. From that day on Saul kept David with him and wouldn't let him return home. And Jonathan made a solemn pact with David, because he loved him as he loved himself. 

Proverbs 17:17 
A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.

Proverbs 18:24 
There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 27:9 
The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.


Here are the five of us at our last home volleyball game.
(2009)

Here we are on college day.
(2010)

Here we are after taking down our "5 days of school left" sign.
(2010)

Here we are on my 18th birthday.
(2010)

Thank you Chelsea, Scarpa, Jamie, and Jessica for being the best friends a girl could ask for, and thank you for your picture of the love of Christ in my life.


Proverbs 27:17 

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.


Love & Blessings, 
Claire
💚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Christ's Light Shine Through You

The Day My Heart Exploded

Weekend Getaway Trip