Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone had a fabulous fourth of July hanging out with family and friends! I know I sure did. Chad and I spent the day with our awesome college Bible study group, PUR. It was a day full of fun, water slides, yummy food, and LOTS of fireworks! We sure didn't let the rain ruin our fun. :)

The awesome water slide! We had a blast racing down the double lanes.

Everyone taking a break from the water slide fun.

Love these two pretty sisters, Brittany and Monica!

Trying to get all the girls rounded up for a pic.

All the lovely ladies! 


My handsome fella :)

Two precious couples: Brittany & Cole and Chad & Brittany. Love these folks!

My twin! Such a sweet friend. :)


After a couple of hours enjoying the water slides, water guns, and nerf guns, we enjoyed some yummy homemade ice cream! 

Then it was off to get some fireworks.

 
Yep, we ended up buying this MASSIVE box of fireworks. Maximum legal powder allowed...
 Boys will be boys, right? haha

So excited to go shoot these!



Loading them up into Chad's truck!

Checking out some of the goodies!


How about this gorgeous sunset?? So beautiful! Definitely worth all of the rain to be able to see this.



The boys setting all of the fireworks up!


After the first round of fireworks went CRAZY, shooting in all different directions, and possibly grazing a couple PUR members (everyone is still alive and well, woohoo!), most of us decided to go sit on the dock of the pond and enjoy the view from a distance, hehe :)


The camera on my phone totally didn't do the fireworks justice. They were beautiful!

I thought this was an awesome picture of the boys setting up the fireworks. Super cool shadows!

The boys were singing "The Star Spangled Banner" while getting ready to shoot off one round of fireworks, too funny! 

After we finished up with fireworks, we headed back inside for our second round of hamburgers and hot dogs. Everything was decorated so cute and patriotic!

One of my personal favorite parts of the day... all of the delicious yummies! :)

We ended the day by winding down and watching Despicable Me. We are totally all a bunch of kids at heart because we laughed and laughed at the movie!
 (So excited to be going to see Despicable Me 2 later today, woo!)

I'm so thankful for my awesome PUR family, and I'm so thankful for a wonderful, fun-filled day! 
Happy Fourth of July, everyone! 

Love & Blessings, 
Claire
💚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Christ's Light Shine Through You

Weekend Getaway Trip

The Day My Heart Exploded