Love Never Fails

Now that I've written a post about my awesome best friends (check it out here: Iron Sharpens Iron), I'd like to tell you a little bit about someone who has changed my life so incredibly much and who has helped mold me into the person I am today. I'd like to introduce you to my amazing boyfriend, the one and only Chad Elliott.

Isn't he just presh?

Chad and I met our freshman year of high school (though I can't technically remember exactly when during the year we met, haha). He was in my Bible class, which I totally didn't realize till like a year after we started dating, hehe. I'm pretty sure we had Algebra 2 together too, but he and I didn't really talk or converse at all with each other our 9th grade year. It was my first year at Faith Academy, so I wasn't too concerned with finding a boyfriend, haha. (Chad started at Faith his K5 year, so he had been there forever.)

Fast forward to our sophomore year. We again had a few classes together, but we still didn't really talk much to each other. It wasn't until early November that things started to change... I don't know what caused us to start talking and texting (well, I do... Jesus, duh!), but we hit it off immediately. After declaring that we "liked" each other, we started talking frequently. 

Our football team made it to the state championship game held at Troy University, so I had already planned on going to the game with a couple friends. My dad was going to drive us, so the morning we were suppose to leave, I casually asked my dad if my "friend" could ride with us to the game. His response was, "Sure, sweetheart! What's her name?" And I was like, "Uhhh, Chad..." (lol) Somehow or another my brother (who was on his way to class at Spring Hill) thought I said "Chuck," so that nickname has still stuck to this day. Every now and then, my dad will be like, "Is Chuck coming over?" Poor Chad...

That night when Chad met my dad, I'm pretty sure he was petrified. (Boys think my dad is kind of intimidating for some reason, haha) I could tell he was super nervous, and I was sorta amused by his nervousness (that's terrible, I know). Anyway, long story short, that was the night we started dating and were officially deemed as "girlfriend and boyfriend." November 16, 2007, awwww. :) Looking back now, I realize we were super young (15), and I'm surprised my dad was okay with the whole situation, lol.

One of our first pictures together. Like the braces? 

So here we are, 5 years 7 months and 22 days later (yes, I just counted #loserstatus). We are both seniors in college, beyond ready to graduate and take the next step in our lives. I know God has huge plans for us, and I truly cannot wait to see what He has in store. Now, I must be patient in the process, hehe. :) 

Such a handsome guy!

What is it about Chad that makes him so amazing? Well, I could honestly write a book about how truly awesome he is, but I will spare you all the lengthiness and tell you just a few things, 15 to be exact, about why I love him so much. 

1. He loves the Lord with his whole heart.

2. He prays with me and for me. 

3. He is THE most handsome guy I've ever met. 

4. He is incredibly athletic. 

5. He always makes me laugh (no matter what mood I'm in)!

6. He totally 100% accepts me for who I am (weirdness and all). 

7. He is the smartest person I know (like for real, #geniusstatus).

8. He never gets mad.
(No seriously, in the 5+ years that we've been dating... not one legitimate time. His patience level with me is truly commendable, hehe.)

9. He has the kindest spirit, always wanting to help others.

10. He is always willing to take a picture with me (no matter how much he may hate it, hehe.)

11. He is SUPER hardworking (his work ethic is incredible).

12. He has the best hair. 

13. He loves the outdoors (especially tropical places like me).

14. He is the funnest and most enjoyable person to be around.

15. He is the sweetest and most thoughtful person I know.

Well, can't you totally now tell why I love him so much? hehe. No seriously, he's the BEST boyfriend I could ever ask for, and I truly can't wait for what our future holds together. I knew from the very beginning (even at only 15 years old) that Chad and I would be together for the long run. Totally cool how God works right? :) I love the song "When God Made You" because I 100% believe that Chad was made especially for me. What a huge blessing he is to my life and to each person he encounters!


Here are some of my favorite verses about love:

Proverbs 10:12 
Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 13:4–8a 
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails ... (NIV)

1 Corinthians 13:13 
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (NIV)

1 Peter 4:8 
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. (NIV)


Wanna see something totally cool? This past Thanksgiving, we were watching home movies at my Grandma and Paw Paw's house, and we just happened to come across the one you're about to watch. This is me at four years old... My grandmother was filming me playing Barbie dolls without my knowing it. The coolest part comes at the end. You won't believe the name that comes up when I say things such as, "I'm marrying this guy" and "Wow, I've never seen a guy like you before." 


God has a really cool plan for each of us, and He guides us through every circumstance. My path just so happened to lead to Chad (woohoo!). Praise the Lord for His many blessings!


Thank you Chad for blessing my life beyond measure, and thank you for continually making me a better person in Christ. 

Love & Blessings, 
Claire
💚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Christ's Light Shine Through You

The Day My Heart Exploded

Weekend Getaway Trip