PUR Guest Post: Fear of the Future

Have you ever wished you could see just a glimpse of the future?  If you’re like me, you may have desired just a small peak to see where you will be a year from now, five years, 10 years, etc. Will I be married? How many kids will I have? Will I land my dream job? These are all questions we find ourselves asking from time to time.

None of us can see the end of the road we're on or the hills and valleys
 along the way. God, though, has a plan for every step we take.
Thinking about the future can be exciting, but it can also be incredibly scary because of one major fear that takes hold of many of us: the fear of the unknown.

We try to plan what we’ll do next in life: whether that’s what we’ll eat for dinner, what our weekend plans will be, or what our major in school will be. I often find myself worrying about things like these, no matter how big or small they might be, and I let the fear of the unknown creep in and take over.

How can we kick this fear to the curb? We may not always know what the future will hold, but we can be comforted in Who holds our future. We can be assured that the Lord will be with us every step of the way. One of my all-time favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11.

I love the reassurance this verse brings. Though our future may be unknown to us, it is perfectly clear to the One who created us. If we seek His guidance, He will lead us directly where we need to go. To avoid the pitfalls of constant worry and fear of the unknown along the way, we must learn to leave the outcomes of this life up to the LordWe should follow Him wherever He leads and trust Him at all times (Psalm 62:8), without worrying about how it will all turn out.

As I look back on the past few years, I can see God’s hands everywhere in my life. There were times when I failed and times when I wanted to give up, but the Lord transformed those hardships into beautiful blessings. His Word tells us that His power is made perfect in our weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). The next time you think you’ve fallen off your path, remember that He is working diligently through your every circumstance.

God, the Architect of all Creation, has His hands on us,
lifting us up as we take leaps of faith.
We can view life as a great adventure with God as our Guide and Companion. On this journey, we must focus on living in the now by concentrating on staying in step with our Creator. When our path leads to a cliff, we must be willing to step off the ledge and take flight with God as our Pilot. When we come to a resting place, we must take time to be refreshed in His presence. As followers of Christ, we have the freedom to enjoy the rhythm of a life lived close to Him, and we have the opportunity to be enthralled by His undeniable and all-consuming presence.

When you catch yourself worrying about the future, my friend, I encourage you to give your circumstances fully over to Christ. Simply take hold of His hand and follow Him along life’s journey. It’s time we stop worrying about the future and start focusing on living each day to glorify and honor our Father in everything that we do.

Love & Blessings, 
Claire

💚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Christ's Light Shine Through You

The Day My Heart Exploded

Weekend Getaway Trip