PUR Guest Blog Post: Trust

I had the honor and privilege of writing a blog post for our college Bible study, PUR. I was so excited when they asked me to write a post for September, and I'm so thankful they allowed me to write. I wanted to have it here on my blog as well, so here is the post. (I added a few pictures as well.) Hope you enjoy, my friends. :)
_________________________________________

What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word trust? Is it faith? Hope? Dependence? Reliability?

For me, trust means placing my full confidence in something or someone else. For example, I trust that my car will start when I turn the key. I trust my best friend when I tell her something personal.  I trust my parents when they give me advice.

If we are able to so easily place our trust in these earthly things, why do we so often struggle with placing our trust in God? He is the One who created us, right? I think we struggle with giving ourselves (along with our worries, problems, cares, etc.) completely over to God because we feel like we can handle things on our own. We think, “Oh no problem, Lord. I got this. Check back later. I may need you then.”


As we walk along life’s journey, obstacles will be inevitable. It’s how we choose to react to each obstacle that’s important. When our faith in the Lord falters, we choose a trail that meanders and takes us well out of the way. We may still get from point A to point B, but by choosing not to trust God, we lose precious time and energy.

God gives us so many verses in His Word about placing our trust in Him. One of my favorites comes from Proverbs 3:5-6, which says, 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
I think the big question we all face is how do we trust God? Are there a few magic words we can pray, and poof, bye-bye worries and hello full trust? My answer to that would be no, not necessarily. Trust comes when we stay in constant communion with God. When we continually talk with our Maker, read His Word, and strive to live our lives as pleasing to Him, trust becomes second nature.


Trusting God comes in the same way in which we trust those whom we love most. Most of us probably completely trust our best friend, our parents, our boyfriend or girlfriend, spouse, etc., right? How did we acquire that trust? We spent time with them, got to know them, learned about their strengths and weaknesses, encouraged them, and prayed with them. Better yet, they’ve done the same for us. The cool thing about trusting God though is that, even when those we love most might not, He will always come through for us.

When we walk and talk with God on a daily basis and immerse ourselves in His presence, we learn that He has SO much more in store for us than we could ever imagine. He wants to see us succeed and prosper in this life, and He has nothing short of the best for us. As His Word says in Psalms 9:10, 
Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You. 
What an amazing promise: He will never forsake us or lead us astray when we place our trust in Him.


As you go through this week, my prayer is that you embrace the Lord’s presence. I pray that you take hold of His grace and mercy and that you feel His overwhelming, eternal love for you. He adores you, for you are His child.

God will make something beautiful of your life, my friend, but He yearns for your trust in Him. Are you ready? The time is now.

Love & Blessings, 
Claire
💚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Christ's Light Shine Through You

The Day My Heart Exploded

Weekend Getaway Trip