Weekend Getaway Trip

I don't know about y'all, but I had a FABULOUS weekend! My best friend Chelsea so graciously invited me to stay with her and her family at the beach, so of course I so graciously accepted her invitation, hehe. We stayed at Phoenix VI in Orange Beach, and boy, what a beautiful weekend we had there! 

Join me on our journey throughout the weekend...

Side note: Chad and my cousin Cole stayed with our friend Josh and his family most of the weekend, too. Their condo was about five minutes from ours. 

Friday:
After Chad got off work Friday afternoon, he, Cole, and I packed up and headed towards the gulf. We stopped at the Pita Pit downtown for a late lunch (it was delish!!). We arrived at Josh's condo around 5:00!

Here's Josh modeling his new tank he purchased at the outlets, haha. 

After hanging out with Josh's family for a few, we all decided to go to dinner. We ended up going to Doc's Seafood, and it was pretty yummy. 

After dinner, we decided to play some putt putt. :)




Oh yeah, we saw a couple get engaged at the putt putt place. I'm hoping that they went there on their first date or that the putt putt place holds a sentimental spot in their hearts or something... lol.

After putt putt, the boys dropped me off at Chelsea's condo (she had just arrived because she had stuff to do earlier that day). So I said bye bye to the boys and hello to girl time! hehe.

Welcome to Phoenix VI! Woo! :)

Saturday:
Chelsea and I woke up around 10 Saturday morning (it was SO nice to sleep in!). We ate breakfast and then headed down to relax on the beach.

The boys came over after lunch to hang out with us for a while, and after we all swam for a bit, we decided to head over to Phoenix on by Bay to see my cousin Cason and his family (my mom and dad came down for the day to visit my family over there). 


Sad Cason wasn't in our picture, but here's the rest of the group. :)

We hung out with the fam for a while, enjoyed the lazy river and water slide, and then headed back to the condo to get ready for dinner. The guys went back to their condo to eat dinner with Josh's family. :) Chelsea and I went to dinner with her family at Baumhower's Wings at the Wharf.

Here is Chelsea and her sweet family: Chase, Mr. Dennis, and Mrs. Jan.

 I was so thankful and appreciative that they invited me to stay with them. I loved spending time with them!

Love my beautiful best friend! She's the best! :)

 Gotta' do our pose, hehe!


Pretty light show at the wharf.

After dinner, Chase, Chelsea, and I stopped at Dip n Dots for dessert.


After dessert, we rented a movie called "Chasing Mavericks" (so good!) at Redbox and went home to relax and watch it. :)

Sunday:
Sunday was a beautiful day! We spent it relaxing, which was awesome. The guys came over after lunch to hang out.

Love these peeps!


Josh and Justin had to head on home, so the rest of us decided to hit up the Tanger Outlets for a little bit because it started to get cloudy outside. We shopped for an hour and then went to Lambert's to eat. (Chad had never been before.)

Taking pictures with these goobers is a job... haha.


Finally got a normal one, lol.

 Chels and Chase!

Gotta' love the yummy throwed rolls! :)

I had a yummy charbroiled chicken breast, green beans, and baked beans. I didn't even eat 1/4 of the chicken though because I was already so full from the awesome pass-along sides they do at Lambert's: the fried okra was our favorite! 

There was a beautiful sunset after dinner!


Next, it was off to the Track we go! Go Karts, here we come. :)





 Waiting in line at the Wild Woody.




Poor Chad had to head home after that because he had to go back to work Monday. :( Chelsea, Chase, Cole, and I headed back to the condo to rest up for our last day at the gulf!

Monday:
Monday was great! We literally stayed on the beach all day; so relaxing!

Cole and Chase checking out the skim board.


Love love love the beach! Definitely my happy place. :)

We made it back to Mobile around 8:00 Monday night! Sad to leave the beach but happy to be back in our own beds.

So thankful for our relaxing weekend at the beach and for our last trip before school starts back. :)

Love & Blessings, 
Claire
💚

Comments

  1. Hi Claire! I was browsing through blogs and came across yours, looks like you had a great weekend! Love your scripture at the top!

    Brookeshappenings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooke! Thanks so much for stopping by; it's so nice to meet you! :)

      Delete
  2. Claire! Just stumbled upon your blog & so excited to follow! :)

    <3 another Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay, I love meeting other Claires! Thanks so much for stopping by! Great to meet you! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Christ's Light Shine Through You

The Day My Heart Exploded