Books to Read in 2018

I love love love to read. It's been a passion of mine for many years, so one of my goals this year is to spend less time on my phone and more time hitting the books. There is something special about getting lost in a good book, and I feel like it's something my mind and heart need to be focusing more on. (On top of spending time in the Word, which is definitely at the top of the list.)


After getting a little inspiration from a sweet girl I follow on Instagram, I decided to compile a list of books that I want to read. I’ve purchased a few from the list below already, but for many of them, I have just heard great reviews and want to give them a try. I mainly wanted to write this blog post to help keep myself accountable (and to remember all those books I say I want to read but forget their titles when it comes time to actually read them, haha). I also wanted to share in case any of my awesome friends who may read this post have any great recommendations on books they've read that I could add to my list. 

My goal is to read 25 books this year. Definitely trying to be realistic but also want to read more than last year! My favorite thing to read is Christian fiction, but this year I am going to try to read more nonfiction books to help in different areas of life: faith, prayer, leadership, teaching, coaching, relationships, friendships, self-help, etc. 

I know this may not be the exact list I read, but I definitely wanted to have a starting point. So please feel free to give me any and all suggestions of must read books you love or if you have any favorites from this list that I should move to the top of the must reads! :)

P.S. I've included the Amazon link to all of these books in case you want to check any of them out, too!



2018 Reading List Goals:

Faith:
  1. The Daniel Dilemma by Chris Hodges (already started this one)
  2. Fervent by Priscilla Shirer (already started this one)
  3. In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day/Chase the Lion by Mark Batterson (already started this one - I have it in a two-for-one combo book.)
  4. The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren 
  5. Anxious for Nothing by Max Lucado
  6. Uninvited by Lysa Terkeurst
  7. Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist 
  8. Purpose in Prayer by E.M. Bounds
  9. The Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer
  10. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  11. Emotionally Healthy Spiritually by Peter Scazzerro
  12. Humble Roots by Hannah Anderson
  13. Dance Stand Run by Jess Connolly 
  14. Boundaries by Henry Cloud
Leadership/Teaching/Coaching:
  1. Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
  2. Top Dog: The Science of Winning and Losing by Po Bronson & Ashley Merryman
  3. Mindset by Carol Dweck (already started this one)
  4. Chop Wood Carry Water by Joshua Medcalf (already read, but going to reread)
  5. Think Like a Warrior by Darrin Donnelly
  6. Old School Grit by Darrin Donnelly
  7. Relentless Optimism by Darrin Donnelly
  8. Live Life to the Fullest by Darrin Donnelly
  9. Take the Stairs by Roy Vaden
Christian Fiction;
  1. The Hideaway by Lauren Denton
  2. The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe
*I intend on reading more Christian fiction, but I typically find my favorites while browsing in Lifeway or Books-a-Million. :)

So there is my list! Bring it on, 2018! I'm ready to read my little heart out. <3

Love & Blessings,
Claire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Christ's Light Shine Through You

The Day My Heart Exploded

Weekend Getaway Trip