A Year To Look Forward To

You guys... I have not written a blog post in TWO months! I can't believe it's been so long since I have given my sweet 'lil bloggy poo some tender love and care. 2014 has been a whirlwind so far! I feel like I am always on the go, but I am loving every single minute of it and wouldn't have it any other way.

2014 has been a year I have been looking toward to for quite some time now. I just have a feeling this year is going to be one of the best years of my life, and I just know the Lord is going to continue pouring out His sweetly amazing blessings. 

So here's what's been going on with me since we have entered twenty fourteen: :)

1. I began my student teaching. 
Y'all, I have been looking forward to this for FOREVER! I have been dreaming about becoming a teacher for so long now, and this is the semester I have been waiting for... A time when I can finally start using everything I have been taught over the last four years and a time when I can start striving to positively impact students' lives in the classroom. Blessing, folks, a total blessing.


2. I went to Colorado.
So. Much. Fun. Chad, Miss Robin, and I set out on our great adventure on December 30th, and we stayed in Breckenridge, Colorado for 6 days. It was one of the best trips ever, and it snowed 17 INCHES one day while we were there... Crazy, huh? Skiing. Snow. Mountains. What more could I ask for? :) I'm hoping to have a full blog post devoted to our trip soon!


3. I found out I am going to be an AUNT! 
David and Morgan are having a sweet baby boy sometime around May 12th! Y'all, my family and I are just beside ourselves and are so stinking excited for Mr. Bennett Ross Langham to make his debut. He will be the first grandbaby on both sides of the family, so I'll tell ya what... This sweet little man is going to be loved like no other and is going to be spoiled rotten by so many people. ;) I love how David and Morgan chose for Bennett's middle name to be Ross. It's my Paw Paw's middle name, my dad's middle name, and David's middle name, so Bennett will be a 4th generation Ross... So special! Bennett, Aunt Claire already loves you more than words can say, and I can't wait to meet you!! :)



4. Miss Elle Madeleine Terese Cameron was born! 
Weighing in at 7 pounds 9 ounces and 19 inches long, this sweet little angel is absolutely beautiful!! Chad's sister, Mandi, and brother in law, Josh, are the proud parents of Miss Elle. I have not had the chance to meet this precious girl yet because they live in California, but I did get to FaceTime her and her wonderful family the day after she was born. I can't wait to meet her in person and hold and love on her so much! I already consider Mandi, Josh, and Elle my family, so they are so very special to my heart!!



5. My precious best friend GOT ENGAGED!
Chelsea and Jarrod got engaged on December 17th, 2013 at Chelsea's house, and I had the awesome opportunity to be there when Jarrod popped the question! Jarrod was so sweet to include me in this, and I am so so happy I was able to be a part of their special day. 

Here's the condensed version of their story:
Chelsea and her mom, Mrs. Jan, asked if I would come over one afternoon to take some Christmas pictures of Chelsea, Jarrod, and Chelsea's brother Chase. After lots of planning, Jarrod decided that he was going to paint 3 separate signs that said "Will you marry me?" My job was to take pictures of Jarrod holding the signs while Chelsea was upstairs getting ready. Afterwards, we all went outside as the sun was beginning to set. I began taking pictures of the three of them, and after I took several pictures, Jarrod wanted me to call Chelsea over to scroll through the pictures to make sure she liked them (this is when she would see the pictures of Jarrod holding the signs).

But when I asked my dear Chelsea to come over and look at the pictures, she innocently said, "Oh it's fine, if you like them, Claire, I'll like them!" After a few moments of freaking out on the inside by both Jarrod and myself, I finally got Chelsea to come look at the pictures (conveniently, we were located right beside the beautiful pond in front of Chelsea's house). She finally saw the pictures of Jarrod, and it was her time to start freaking out, hehe. Jarrod asked, she said yes, and the rest is history. These sweet love birds will be getting married on May 30, 2015, and I CAN'T WAIT for all the wedding festivities to begin. So excited and blessed to be a part of my sweet best friend's wedding day!! :)



6. I started coaching with Mobile Storm club volleyball. 
I am assisting coaching a regional 14's team with one of my best friends in the whole world, Scarpa. I am loving coaching these awesome girls! Let me tell you what... We lucked up with a GREAT group of girls. They are so much fun, and they are working so hard and improving daily. I love being able to come to practice with them a couple evenings each week; they definitely know how to make me smile and laugh. I can't wait for all of our upcoming tournaments. :) Go Storm!



7. Lastly, I'm finally coming to grips with the fact that I graduate from college in only 90 days. 
Can you stinkin' believe that? Because it still hasn't fully hit me yet. The big girl world is right around the corner, and though I may not know what my future is going to hold, I know that my sovereign Savior and Lord holds it all in His more than capable Hands. During this exciting season in my life, I am giving everything over to Him and seeking His guidance every step of the way. 



With Jesus, the best friends, family, and boyfriend I could ever imagine, I am beyond ready to see what this year is going to bring. 

C'mon 2014, I'm ready for ya! :)

Love & Blessings,
Claire
💚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Christ's Light Shine Through You

Weekend Getaway Trip

The Day My Heart Exploded